Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A New Haircut!

Sadly not for me! Ms Pepper is a long-haired German Shepherd and I feel so sorry for her in this heat. On the super hot days I've been strapping Morgan into the Baby Bjorn and drenching Pep with the hose, which she loves, but she's dry again in no time. It's also a bit of a struggle when trying to give her a wash. We gave up with the bath once she got too big. Muz has taken her in the shower a couple of times, but there's not alot of room in our one-person shower for a big dog. So yesterday arvo the dog washing man came to visit and Ms Pep got clippered and washed. She looks, feels & smells like a strange new dog!

Before: our beautiful, crazy dog




After: get ready for a good giggle!

 She looks so tiny! I can only imagine how much less she weighs. I had to tighten her collar too as there wasn't a mass of hair in the way. I'm sure people must think 'poor dog' but she actually loves it, raced around the back yard afterwards, and it'll be so much cooler for her. Especially as today is the 7th day in a row that Western Sydney has had temps of over 35deg. The guy asked if I wanted her to still have a long tail. No thanks, can you imagine how silly she'd look?!

1 comment: