NZ HERE WE COME!!!!
I'm so excited, I've booked tickets to take Morgan to meet the rest of my family! Hubby has to work and also has a boys weekend planned so I'm venturing off on my first overseas flight with my bubba..yikes!! Nah, I'm sure I'll be fine, just have to write a list of everything I'll need so nothing is forgotten. I managed to get in on a deal with Air NZ and scored 'Works Deluxe' seats for the same price as what Qantas were offering for basic economy class. The main drawcard being a bit extra room on the plane and most importantly, access to the Air NZ lounge at Sydney & Wellington airports. I thought it might be quieter for Morgan if he needs to have a nap before boarding, sorry in advance to any business travellers if he decides to scream his head off!!
Another first for me will be flying into Rotorua airport, a reasonably new direct route for Air NZ from Sydney. It's close enough to Napier for my parents to drive up to collect us and much easier than having to sit at Auckland or Wellington airports waiting for connecting flights. My parents are understandably very excited and have already organised to borrow a car seat, portacot and highchair for us. We'll be in Napier for a week then head down to Welly for a couple of nights before flying home.
This morning I lodged the application for Morgan's passport. So expensive! We had his photo taken at a shop in the mall and what a challenge that was for a bubba who loves to smile!! Thankfully the man was super patient and was happy to take as many shots as necessary til we got one with no smile, looking straight ahead and mouth shut.
We leave at the end of March so not long to go. I can almost taste the Hokey Pokey now!

Oh good luck with the passport photo. Our youngest was 2 when we took all 4 of them overseas & trying to get him to not smile, show teeth & stick to the guidelines was near impossible. Just funny now he's 7 & that passport has lots of stamps & has now expired, how young he looked, what a lucky traveller. Love Posie
ReplyDeletePS don't bother trying Canberra for the milk bottles i bought, i didn't actually reveal i bought 6 half dozen sets of them, love Posie
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! Thanks for the comment on my blog - my family is just about to relocate to Australia, to a little town 4.5 hours north of Sydney :) Nice to "meet" another expat mum.
ReplyDelete