Yesterday my friend & I ventured out to the Baby & Kids Market. I think it's held most weekends and moves around different areas within Sydney and the outskirts. The stalls are made up of people trying to sell items secondhand and if you're prepared to go through racks and boxes and suitcases of clothing and browse the toys, accessories, essentials etc, then you can often find a good bargain. We arrived just before opening time at 9am and there was already a small queue outside the entrance. After paying the $3 entry fee we headed straight for the large item area, on the lookout for a portacot. With heading to NZ in a few weeks time, I want to try and get Morgan used to sleeping in one overnight. He's had a few naps at the in-laws or friend's place in a portacot but never slept more than a couple of hours. I managed to nab a bargain, only $25 and it's only be used a couple of times so looks as good as new!
As it got busier, it got harder to get around the stalls, especially pushing a pram and trying to battle through the multitude of other prams, buggies, 4wd's. It's amazing what some people try to sell - shoes so worn out they've lost their original colour, clothes with stains on the front, broken or dirty toys. Having said that, there's plenty of gems amongst the rubbish, especially if the market is held in a fancy pants suburb, there's plenty of designer labels for cheap. The only label I bought was a Harrods bib for $1! All up I spent $50 for 6 items of clothing, a portacot and a coffee to recharge after all the chaos. That's a morning well spent!

No comments:
Post a Comment