Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Baking

I spotted a set of Easter cookie cutters in the Spotlight catalogue at the weekend, so made a quick trip to our local store yesterday arvo to buy some. When Morgan went down for his nap this morning, I got out my trusty Edmunds cookbook and made a batch of chocolate cookies using the Basic Biscuit recipe. The fun part was making all the different coloured icing for the different shapes. I think they turned out ok. My icing isn't very tidy but at least the cookies taste pretty good! I also bought some cellophane Easter bags and have made up little bundles to give to family & friends.

There was only one casualty, with a poor little lamb losing it's head! Tomorrow I'm going to make an Easter cake - just a plain chocolate cake decorated with mini Easter eggs. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. They look totally yummy! I'm sure they'll be a hit xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute - at first I thought the pic of the lambs body was an Australia cookie - until I realised it was a headless lamb! Doh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, it does look like an Australia cookie! haha!

    ReplyDelete