Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Our Christmas Week

Yes I know I'm very late with posting about Christmas but I've been hanging with my Ma & Pa who were visiting from NZ. They went home yesterday :( Our Christmas week started with their arrival on the night of the 23rd. They were last here back in September to meet Morgan so I was very excited to have them back again to spend Christmas with our little man. We had a cracker of a Christmas Eve dinner - Christmas ham on the bone (yum!), salad and Mum's awesome trifle for dessert (double yum!!). We kept up with my family's tradition of opening a pressie on Christmas Eve, generally something small, and I think this year we all got chocolate.

Christmas Day in Sydney was a scorcher, not only with the heat but it was very humid too. We opened pressies at home and I made waffles with ice cream & strawberries for brekky. Lunch and the arvo was spent at the in-laws. Have to say it wasn't my best Christmas ever. Morgan was restless and didn't have long naps so was quite grizzly and I was nervous/anxious having our two families together for Christmas for the first time. The day ended in tears for me so needless to say I was glad to see the back of it!! I realised a couple of days later that I hardly took any photos either.
  
Morgan on Skype with Daddy
Boxing Day we decided to brave the crowds and hit the shops to check out the sales. Or so we thought! We drove out to Penrith Plaza only to find an empty, darkened car pack and a sign on the main doors saying it was closed. What the?!?!!! We then drove to our local shopping mall and found the same thing. Turns out the Boxing Day Sales don't start in the burbs til the 27th! We ended up driving out to Parklea Markets and bought some new plants for the garden.


My birthday was on the 29th and it was a great day. Hubby had to work so my parents, Morgan & I went to the Coffee Club by Nepean River for brekky. It was delicious although they forgot my ice cream with my french toast (yes I know it sounds like I'm a pig but I swear I only eat things like this for brekky at Christmas & my birthday, it just so happens that they're in the same week!!). We then went to Penrith Plaza (open at last) and went on a 3hr shopping spree, while Morgan happily slept the whole time! After dinner my parents babysat while Muz & I went out for dessert at Hogs Breath Cafe and saw Gulliver's Travels in 3D at the movies, which we both enjoyed. Have to say after a while the 3D glasses can get annoying, especially when worn over the top of my own glasses!

Heading out for movies & dessert

New Year's Eve was a quiet one. Muz went out to catch up with friends and the rest of us stayed at home. Went to bed before midnight, for the first time ever, or as long as I can remember anyway! New Year's Day was another scorcher, 40deg in the west! So we stayed at home & enjoyed the air conditioning while watching the Sydney fireworks recorded from the night before.

I've decided not to make any resolutions this year but a set few goals instead. Not that I haven't been successful in the past - a couple of years ago my resolutions were to learn to drive, get glasses and get a nasty filling in my tooth (I hate dentists!) and I had all 3 completed by May! Anyhoo, goals for this year are to read more books (got 3 new ones for Christmas/Birthday pressies plus have several on the shelf to get through), get active and try my hand at some more knitting! Very much an amateur in that department so will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment