Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Things I'm Loving..

I've had a rather crappy arvo after hubby headed off to work at lunchtime, so once the wee man went down for the night I decided to pop outside to find something to cheer me up. It's been a hot day here in Western Sydney (and set to get hotter over the next couple of days) so it was still really warm outside. Our house is brick and in summer you can feel the heat coming off the bricks when you stand up close. Love nights like this.

Other things I'm loving this evening..

*The neighbour's cat hanging out on our letterbox, a regular occurence. I grew up with cats as pets and find them very comforting. This one is particularly friendly!


*Kiwi chocolate! My parents gave me a box of Cadbury Continental chocs at Christmas and I'm still slowly making my way through them. Love dark chocolate, in small doses.

*Glee. I don't watch it often, but am enjoying the songs in the background while I'm on the computer.

*Knowing that hubby has the next two days off, a welcome helping hand after my crappy arvo.

*Funky flowers. I've painted 5 pots that hubby has attached to a blank patch of brick out the front of the house. We have different plants in each pot, although a couple have died & been replaced. The afternoon heat is just too much for some plants, but succulents seem to thrive. This one is called a goldfish plant. Loving the cute little fishy flowers!


Looking forward to tomorrow being a better day. Now I'm off to cheer myself up some more with a bowl of ice cream and to wait for hubby to come home! 

Joining up with PaisleyJade's linky post..



1 comment:

  1. Hey Jules! Thanks for your comment - and you are most welcome to link this post up anyway to todays!

    p.s. Loving those funky flowers!!

    ReplyDelete