Last week we took my parents for a day trip out to Windsor, a cute heritage town about 40mins drive north-west from our house. It was yet another sticky, hot day. First stop was lunch. We went to the Macquarie Arms Hotel, the oldest pub in Australia, built in 1815. Yummy food and such a nice pub. Would've liked to sit outside in the lovely beer garden but it was just too hot.
After lunch we wandered around the quaint shops, Mum tried on some clothes, Dad bought some eggs fresh from a farmer and Muz & I fed Morgan his rice cereal & banana. There's a lolly shop there that sells L&P, which I was looking forward to, but they only had one bottle left and it was warm. Ah well, next time. It's not cheap to buy here (when you can find it) but it's just so worth it!
The busiest shop in town was the Ice Creamery, where we lined up for a couple of scoops of good ol' hokey pokey (yes I confess, I am an ice cream addict!).
We drove home watching the threat of big, dark clouds following us all the way. That night we had a rip snorter of a thunderstorm, so close the house shuddered and there was even a simultaneous flash of lightning and loud clap of thunder so it must've been right over our house! Everyone laughed at me jumping away from the windows when it all started. The following day we saw on the news a house not far from here had a hole in the side from a lightning strike and another house further south was gutted by fire after being hit by lightning. Maybe I wasn't so silly getting away from the windows after all! Our house is brick though so I think we'd be pretty safe.


No comments:
Post a Comment