Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

6mths today!

Dear Morgan,

Happy 6mths Bubba! Can't believe it's been 6mths already since your surprise arrival! Your Daddy & I were so excited to get our first glimpse of you in the hospital, before you were rushed off to be looked after by the special doctors & nurses. The three of us had a rough couple of days there at the start. But each day, with every little sign of improvement, we caught our breath with excitement at the possibility of soon taking you home. Then the big day arrived. I can remember clearly how nervous both me & your Daddy were. Your Daddy took half an hour to get the carseat just right! And we drove home so carefully!

It was so good to have you home! At last we were a real family, with our precious bundle sleeping soundly in his bassinet. In the early days we would bring your bassinet into the lounge as you seemed to like being around plenty of noise when you were sleeping. We took you to get weighed regularly and were so excited with every weight gain you made. I'm so proud of how successful feeding has been. You weren't a big fan of having your nappy changed or getting ready for a bath, until I made up a couple of songs to sing and distract you. Now when I sing them you give me the biggest smiles!

Daddy is now in charge of bath time and has even introduced you to having a shower, which you still seem a bit unsure about. But you sure do squeal & splash in the bath! Daddy also does the after-bath-massage and gets you dressed for bed. I love that you get to have that special bonding time together. I love how your face lights up when you see your Daddy either first thing in the morning or when he gets home from work. He pulls funny faces and does silly dances that make you giggle and it warms my heart.

We have special Mama & Bubba bonding time too. Besides feeding, we read lots of books together and sing songs and go for walks. In the next couple of weeks we'll be starting swimming lessons and going to Pilates too. Fun times!

Your Daddy & I are so proud and impressed with all the milestones you've achieved. You roll around all over the mat in the lounge and you love tummy time. Today you even looked like you were getting ready to give crawling a go, so that can't be too far away. There's no teeth yet (I say with a sigh of relief) although I reckon they won't be far off either. You're a very happy bubba, with lots of giggles and laughing. We started feeding you solids just before Christmas and you're going great guns. You love pears, banana, sweet potato and apples but you weren't impressed with pumpkin & sweet corn today!

Daddy & I love you so much Mr Morgan and are so blessed to have you in our lives. Every night before I go to sleep I think of how excited I am to see you in the morning. Thank you for being our gorgeous wee man!

Love Mama & Daddy
xxx


3 comments:

  1. Amazing how quickly 6 months goes!! Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... been loving following the adventures of you all since you set your blog up :-) What a precious wee blessing your boy is -such a cutie..you'll have to come visit us if you're ever back in Welly!

    ReplyDelete