Just after New Year we decided to trek into the city to go to The Rocks Markets. Hubby was working and I've been wanting to go again for ages but didn't want to make the long journey with Morgan on my own. So it was a perfect opportunity while Ma & Pa were here to help out and Ma will never say no to checking out markets! Being a reasonably new driver, I wasn't keen (or confident enough) to tackle inner-Sydney traffic so we headed in on the train, which takes about an hour from here. Morgan slept for the first half of the journey. When he woke up I took him out of the pram and he entertained the other passengers with his loud squeals while looking out the window. I guess that means he enjoyed his first train experience!
Had to stop and feed Morgan once we got to Circular Quay. Not a great fan of having to breastfeed in public but I had a shawl to cover us up and just got on with it. We stopped to take some pics with the Opera House in the background then walked over to the Markets.
I was hooked by the first stall! A lady had on display some gorgeous dresses and tops and it had been a while since I bought myself something nice to wear. Although I hadn't planned on buying 3 nice things to wear! But I couldn't choose between the three and the material was beautiful so I treated myself! I ended up with a summery dress, a tunic-style top and a short sleeved top. Well that was my shopping done for the day! Ma was in her element, picking up little bits & pieces for gifts as we browsed. Poor Pa did alot of pram pushing, not that he complained. We sat outside an Irish pub to feed Morgan his solids (luckily we weren't spotted and told to buy something or move on). I actually did buy something else, a funky calendar on sale from an Aussie artist. After all the shopping we were rather peckish, so we grabbed a bite to eat back at Circular Quay then headed home.
![]() |
| Dad & I with all our shopping! |


Awesome! well done on the BF in public!!!! Yay for you :-)
ReplyDeleteThe Rocks markets are the best - sounds like you had a great day :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for popping by Nay's Place earlier in the year - I appreciate your taking the time to comment!
Morgan is just the sweetest little boy...how do you get anything done around the house? I would waste so many hours with such a gorgeous little man!!
Your post makes me miss my Sydney days...
ReplyDelete