Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Two Year Home-Owner-versary

Last weekend was the 2yr anniversary since we moved into our first home and looking back it feels like alot longer, probably cos so much has changed since we moved in.

First stop was painting (love painting walls, crazy I know!). When we bought the house the interior was a faded light blue colour, and while I love blue I certainly didn't want the whole house that colour. The previous owner had converted the garage into an extra room, complete with dirty white walls, so that was the first room to get a makeover. It is now hubby's 'man cave' but will eventually be a playroom for Morgan. Next up was the bathroom & toilet. We went for a bright blue paint, which looks great with the tiles. Of course the toilet seat was upgraded to one with a beach theme. I've always wanted a designer loo seat, don't ask me why!! We also gave the ceilings in each room a lick of white paint, just to freshen it up a bit. In the main bedroom we attempted our first ever feature wall with not only a different colour but with suede effect too. If you don't look too closely, I think it turned out pretty well! For the rest of the house we chose a creamy colour. Seeing the house finished, in colours we picked and knowing we had done it all ourselves (with a little help at the end from my bro-in-law), is extremely satisfying. It may be a messy mix of colours and not have proper 'flow' between the rooms but we love it.

The kitchen has had a mini makeover too. Due to lack of funds, hubby slaved away tiling the benchtop himself. He did such an awesome job! The cupboard doors got a lick of red paint to brighten it up. Love the way our kitchen looks, just wish we had a bit more bench space!

Before I went on maternity leave, we splashed out on curtains and my mum-in-law did a great job at hemming them for us. They finish off the rooms nicely.

Clockwise: bathroom, kitchen, crazy toilet seat, our room, old faded blue colour, new garden

We've started to revamp things outside too. Hubby planted a new garden outside our bedroom window and a row of trees out the back which will eventually give a bit of privacy from the neighbours. Once we have enough funds, we plan to put in a carport and fingers crossed, will one day lay carpet in the bedrooms. I know I'm going against trend but I loathe floorboards in the bedrooms!!Too noisy and makes it cold in winter.

We've done alot to put our stamp on the place and yet there is still so much to do. I guess with changing ideas and preferences it will be an ongoing thing. Love our little home!

1 comment:

  1. Aw what a cute place.Love all the redecorating you have done! Happy Two Year Ownerversary :-)

    ReplyDelete