Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Farm Animals

On Friday my friend invited me to her local playgroup. They were having a visit from a petting zoo, so I jumped at the chance for Morgan to get to see some farm animals up close.

The animals were set up in a pen out in the carpark. The farmer was great, asking the kids what kind of noises each animal makes, whether they grow wool, hair or feathers etc then gave everyone a handful of feed and let the chaos begin. Morgan was entranced by the animals and all the noise. I was impressed that he didn't seem scared at all and reached out to pat the goat and the calf. The older kids had fun holding bottles to feed the lambs and goats and later each got to hold tiny chicks, a couple were only a week or two old.


We have a few trips planned to Featherdale Wildlife Park and Calmsley Hill City Farm over the next couple of months. Eventually, once Morgan is old enough to cope with a big day out, we plan to take him to Taronga Zoo. I heard on the news this week the latest arrivals are a troupe of ring-tailed lemurs, one of my favourite animals! And I also want to see the baby elephants before they get too big. I think it might end up being more for me than Morgan!

No comments:

Post a Comment