Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Things I'm Loving

I didn't get round to posting this last week so here's my highlights from the last 2wks..

*Countdowns. Now only 8 more sleeps til Morgan & I fly to NZ!! Woohoo!!

*A new phone! I've been digging my heels at moving into the smart phone era. Not only does my contract still have a few months to go on it, but I also love my trusty little flip phone. However hubby's contract was up and he has been itching to upgrade for quite some time. Conveniently a rival phone company currently has an awesome plan option for the Sony Ericsson Xperia. Hubby was keen and in order to be able to call each other for free, it meant that I had to change too. I was also convinced by the super helpful sales guy explaining everything so an old-school-phone-fan like me could understand. Loving the touch screen and 8 megapix camera!

*Baby & Kids Markets. Ok so I think I'm addicted! I went to another market in a different location, and again managed to score some awesome bargains. Toy drums for $5 (seen in Target the day before for $32!), toy octopus ($5), dungarees ($5), a couple of onesies (one brand new for $5 and the other secondhand for $1) and the most expensive item was a Baby Einstein dvd for $10. Looking forward to the next one this Sunday, then I might need to have a break!

Morgan wearing his $1 outfit and playing with his $5 drums!


*Knitting. I'm very much an amateur. I knitted a few things back when I was about 10, mainly skirts for my barbie dolls, a knitted toy and some purple & white striped legwarmers (actually I don't think I finished them!). Last year I knitted a hooded jacket while pregnant and was so proud every time Morgan wore it. Although I had to get a friend to stitch all the pieces together as I had no clue how to do it. This year's project is a peggy square blanket to snuggle under while watching tv in winter. I bought alpaca wool which will be nice & toasty. The shop only had 2 colours left in the range, loving the chocolate & rusty red.


*Baby Einstein. I tried out the dvd I bought at the market and was quite impressed. It's called A Day on the Farm and has clips of the different animals, planting & growing food, tractors, harvesting etc. The best bit is the Old MacDonald song in the bonus features. Morgan sat on my lap watching the different animals while I sang along with the dvd and he was so engrossed in it he barely moved. Super cute.


Linking up with PaisleyJade..

4 comments:

  1. I just bought a new phone too! I hate having to adjust to a fancy new phone but it was worth it! Your baby is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your new phone!!! Loving your blanket - those colours look delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love markets - all the joy of shopping and then some more for the bargains! The blanket looks awesome, love the colour combos - it will be your favourite thing in the house come winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blanket, those colours are awesome. I've been trying so hard to 'not' getting into crochet or knitting or all this creative but I'm feeling like I could easily get bitten by the bug soon!

    We also love Baby Einstein in our house....the boys have the full collection (copies though!). I think Baby Macdonald is our all time favourite though ;-)

    ReplyDelete