I'd completely forgotten today was St Paddy's Day until I heard it mentioned on the morning news. Not that I'll be going out celebrating but it brings back fun memories of the years I have joined in with festivities. Four years ago, while living in England, my friend & I spent St Paddy's Day in Galway. It was cold & wet but we still dressed up, drank Baileys and watched the local parade.
And yes I still have my giant hat, beanie & feather boa!
Galway was a great place to celebrate St Paddy's Day. It was nice to be away from all the wild & crazy backpackers who descend on Dublin to go wild & crazy. We spent the afternoon after the parade escaping the rain in one of the local pubs, mixing with the locals and watching Ireland thump, I think it was Italy, in the 6 nations rugby tournament. We were only in Galway for the weekend before heading off for the rest of our adventures and were gutted when it started to snow the morning we left!
I've only just noticed the date on the pub is 1649. So hard to comprehend something that old!


What great memories! It is hard to comprehend something that old. What a rich history they have over there.
ReplyDelete