Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Milestones Coming Out Our Ears!

What a month March is turning out to be already! Just when I was starting to feel a tad concerned that our lovely munchkin wasn't progressing much, we get a whole bunch of milestones all at once! Morgan has been rolling all over the floor for what feels like forever. If a toy was out of reach he was crafty enough to roll one way, swing the legs a bit, roll back the other way and so on til he got to the toy. Who needs to crawl when you've got skills like that?!

Anyway, Saturday night after hubby got home (perfect timing), Morgan decided to show us his amateur crawling skills. His mini rugby ball had got too far away for him to stretch & grab so with lots of grunting and stopping to slap the tiles along the way, he tummy-crawled to the ball, it rolled away again and he tummy-crawled over to it again. Exciting proud moment!! So glad hubby was home to see it. Now the challenge of baby-proofing-the-house begins!

In the last couple of days, Morgan has also decided he is happy to sit up by himself for longer than 30 seconds. If I keep pushing buttons on his toy tool bench, he reaches forward to do the same so it keeps him occupied and balanced. I still have a couple of cushions behind him just in case but he's doing well.

Morgan's other little milestone this week has been clapping his hands. So cute!

I now feel silly for stressing that my friends' babies were crawling, getting teeth, sitting up before Morgan. This week has been another reminder for me to calm down and realise that babies do everything in their own time. And I'm more than happy that Morgan doesn't have teeth yet, since I'm still feeding him!



No comments:

Post a Comment