Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Morning At The Market

Yesterday my friend & I ventured out bright & early to the Baby & Kids Market being held at the Rosehill Racecourse. We were both looking forward to the shopping spree as on this rare occasion we were both 'toddler-free' with our hubby's on babysitting duties. And once we arrived our sighs of relief were almost defeaning..nothing beats browsing through a crowded indoor market with no prams and no frustrated toddlers in tow!

My friend was on the lookout for toys while I was after books & clothes. I wasn't too impressed with the clothes hunt, the items I spotted in size 1-2 were either well worn/over-washed and starting to pil or had stains. So I changed tack and ended up with a few books and a couple of well looked after toys. I washed the stacking cups and cleaned the books with wipes and they look as good as new. Morgan loved the toys and we read the new books before bed this evening. He has plenty already but it's more for my sake so I don't get bored with reading them to him!

Check out my haul..


All up I spent $23 so am pretty pleased with my bargain hunting! The prices were: Elmo microphone and two talking books - 3 for $10, stacking tower - $1, Snowman book -$4, Night Garden & Duckie books - $3 each, oh and a Baby Einstein dvd which I forgot to take a pic of for $2.

The Duckie Duck book is my favourite find. The story is all about how Duckie is different to the other ducks..he prefers to whistle instead of quacking, would rather have a picnic than eat grass, hops around instead of waddling etc. The pictures are cute too, like each page has been sewn or embroidered.



On the way home we stopped for a McD's coffee and a mini choc caramel slice. It was so nice to have a morning out for a change and gave hubby the perfect opportunity for some father/son bonding.

No comments:

Post a Comment