All week I have been proudly flying my All Blacks flag outside our front door in anticipation for the Grand Final. Excitement built every time I caught a glimpse of the flag floating in the breeze, followed by a sneaky thought of 'can we finally do it?'. When the big day arrived, I used the onion & bacon soup sent over by my parents to make some good ol' kiwi dip and got out the stubbie holders ready for our chilled drinks (Hubby got the new World Cup one for his birthday). I even saved a Treasures 'Go NZ' nappy from the pack my parents sent over before the World Cup even started. Just in case the mighty AB's made it to the end of the competition, and they didn't disappoint!
Once Morgan was in bed I was able to sit down & watch the game with Hubby. The singing of our national anthem brought tears to my eyes and the haka gave me goosebumps, as always. Love it! My nerves got the better of me at times and I just couldn't watch, I flitted between the couch & the computer, not wanting to witness yet another disaster. In those final minutes I was yelling at the tv 'just kick it out, hurry up!!' not wanting the cheeky French to steal the ball and score. I couldn't quite believe my teary eyes when it was all over. FINALLY!!! The Mighty All Blacks are back on top of the world and I couldn't be prouder to be a Kiwi!! Just wish I could be back in NZ to celebrate with everyone!
Linking up with Life Made Lovely Monday

ahhhh Well done the ABs! My hubby's french so he was shouting and beside himself and a wee bit sad afterwards! Even though we love NZ and our middle one was born there.
ReplyDeleteWasn't it awesome!! Love the nappies.
ReplyDelete