With still over a week of October to go we've almost hit our internet usage limit and I must say it's been a struggle to not log on! But I don't want to forget little events of the week, so will type quickly then get off the computer before I'm tempted to check out other blogs & websites!
Among the many joys of being a new mum my latest challenge has been nap time. For Morgan not me, although I should be listening to advice and sleeping when he sleeps. But the problem is, he has been a bit of a catnapper of late. It's been a stressful few weeks, with him only sleeping for 30-45mins and try as I might, I just can't seem to re-settle him. I think I've tried everything the books or other people recommend. After many tears (from Morgan & me!) I ended up having a home visit from the community health nurse on Monday. Thankfully she turned up at just the right time, when Morgan was in the middle of a meltdown after a 30min nap. Not good for him but at least she could see what was happening. After a half hour of patting and comforting but with little result, she suggested giving him a feed as he would be thirsty from all the crying. That seemed to help and my lovely little man went on to sleep for another hour and a bit. Since then we've had some good days and some not so. Yesterday he had an afternoon nap of 2 and a half hours, this morning back to a 45min nap. I just need to take each nap time as it comes but it stresses me out when told I need to get him sleeping longer as it is vital for brain development..trust me I'm trying!
Having said all that, things are going great guns with the night time sleeping. Morgan generally wakes for one feed in the night around 4am. But Thursday morning he treated his mama to a full nights' sleep and didn't wake until 6.30am!!!! I couldn't quite believe my luck! He has since gone back to 4am feeds so I think it was just a practice run!
The other event of the week was hubby's birthday on Friday. I made the silly suggestion that we have his family over to our place for a bbq then had to spend the whole day cleaning, baking and looking after bub while Muz was at work. I was exhausted by the time everyone arrived! The weather had been great all day and we were able to sit outside to eat which was lovely. The birthday cake started to fall apart when I took it out of the baking tray (it was quite a large cake), so I put it back together in the tray and iced it to hide the holes! Muz loved his specially wrapped birthday pressie from Morgan, a pack of Turkish Delight & a log of Rocky Road. Luckily for Muz, I can't stand Turkish Delight so he only has to share the Rocky Road! (YUM!)
![]() |
| Muz & Morgan, the cake, Morgan's pressie for Daddy |

No comments:
Post a Comment