Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Planned milestone

Today we officially moved Morgan into a cot in his own room!! When I say officially I mean moved the monitor this time it's permanent! On Wednesday I put Morgan in the cot for a daytime nap trial run but he only lasted just under an hour. Yesterday I moved his bassinet from our room into his for all of his daytime naps, but after a discussion with hubby we decided to bite the bullet and just move him straight into the cot. I'd originally thought it would be less of a shock to be in a different room but a familiar bed, but now think it would just drag the process out. 

So today Muz moved the monitor to the cot (it has sensor pads that go under the mattress) and Morgan had his afternoon nap in his own room. Muz went to work and I was treated to 2hrs 40mins of a blissfully sleeping bubba! We also decided to move an armchair into the room so Morgan will hopefully start to associate the room with good things happening there! The change table in also in his room so it's not like he's never been in there, we use it for every nappy change.

The next nap however was a different story. Morgan usually goes down for a short nap around 5.30-6ish for an hour but not today! He grizzled quietly on and off for half an hour before breaking into an all-out wail. I tried patting and shushing and saying 'Mama's here' and rocking but nothing helped. In the end I had to give him a bit of a feed to calm him down then went to run the bath. Morgan loves his bath, especially the 'Splish Splash' song with actions that I sing while undressing him!

After the bath and a top-up feed I tucked him into bed, put the night-light on and snuck out. This time I only got to put the dummy in twice before the big 'waa-waa-waa' wail began! Poor wee man! I picked up him, patted, shushed and paced up and down the room. After 25mins and several attempts to put him back into bed, he finally went to sleep.

So we'll see how tonight goes. Fingers & toes crossed my lovely wee man has a decent sleep. And as I haven't got any pics of Morgan in his new bed, here's a pic of his room just after we finished decorating it..

3 comments:

  1. Hey there

    Thanks for commenting on my blog the other day. your blog looks fun. It's great to see what other mums get up to. It's often quite reassuring and brings a smile when you realise you are not the only one out there doing all these mummy things.

    I'll pop over for a look every now and again to see what you are up to.
    Have a great Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps We have just moved our two year old into a BIG bed. So many milestones ahead huh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments Jaz. It is nice to hear other mums' stories. Hope moving your 2yr old into a big bed was a success!

    ReplyDelete