Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

Loving Fancy Dress

I'm doing a bit of a catch up with blogging as we've just got our computer back up & running after a couple of weeks. Turns out when I clicked on a message which I thought was updating our virus checker, it was actually to upgrade to a higher level of protection. Then at the end of the month trial it shut off our firewall as we hadn't paid for the full package. Ah well, all sorted now.

So this week I'm loving taking Morgan to his first fancy dress party. Our playgroup was having a Nativity/Christmas party for the last day (yep playgroup is finishing super early for the year!). I suddenly remembered the night before that I needed something for Morgan to wear. There was no way I was going out to buy/hire a costume just for a couple of hours so managed to find some items in the wardrobe. The long shirt was actually a nightshirt Morgan wore last winter which actually looked perfect except it was a bit tight on his arms. Nothing a little stretching wouldn't fix. I used a muslin wrap as the headpiece and some brown wool for the head and as a belt. Then just his normal sandals and a soft toy sheep to complete the look!


Morgan wasn't so keen on the headpiece at home but once we got to playgroup he strutted around the place looking like a mini shepherd dragging his sheep along. It was a muggy hot day so halfway through playgroup I took the costume off so he could run around in shorts & a singlet. During morning tea he managed to tip water all over himself so ended up just wearing his nappy. I think he must've had a good time as he had a 3hr nap when we got home!


Linking up with PaisleyJade..
 

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool!! I never would have been able to pull something that good together at such short notice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! ADORABLE!!!! I have a pic of my son Jeremy when he was about the same age... he happens to be 26 now and expecting a child of his own. LOL Found you on the Things I'm Loving linky part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!

    ReplyDelete