Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Loving Spring in the Mountains

Wednesday was a day off for my shift worker hubby (he quite often has random weekdays off).  It was a sunny day, so after Morgan's nap we went for a drive up to the Blue Mountains. We live about 15-20mins drive from the base of the mountains, but carried on to Katoomba, which is just over an hour away. It's a quaint little village with funky shops and cute cafes. We headed down to Echo Point, the lookout for the Three Sisters, where we had a packed lunch and joined in with the tourists taking snaps of the majestic scenery. Hubby & I have been numerous times before but this was Morgan's first visit. I definitely recommend visiting mid-week to avoid the hordes of tourists!

 It was a bit cooler in Katoomba than at home so I'm glad we'd packed warm clothes. Nice change from the last time I visited - middle of summer, stinking hot and I was 8wks pregnant and nauseous!

We gave the souvenir shop a miss (already got a fridge magnet, that's enough!) and headed back to the village. We had a quick wander through the grounds of the Carrington Hotel to admire the spring blooms in the garden. The magnolia trees were gorgeous! Morgan played with Daddy while I snapped some pics. We headed home late afternoon and Morgan snuck in an extra nap in the car. Although I've been to Katoomba half a dozen times in the last couple of years, I never seem to tire of it. And this time was made all the more enjoyable by having our wee man along for the ride!




































Linking up with PaisleyJade..
 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like such an awesome place. Loving your photos too. Have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Blue Mountains! Gorgeous photos - especially the one of the clouds.

    ReplyDelete