Pages

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Things I'm Loving..

Here's some things I've been loving this week plus a random one from last month..

*Finding a new hairdresser - as I'm now a stay at home mama, I can no longer trek into the city to my fav hairdresser just for a quick cut. I've been sussing out some salons closer to home and was going to check out my sis-in-law's hairdresser a couple of suburbs away. Then on Wednesday a flyer appeared in our letterbox for a local salon. I called and got an appointment for an hour later. The hairdresser was lovely, works from home (less than 5min drive round the corner) and offered a discount for a first time visitor. So....I had my hair coloured, cut, a treatment and blowdry for the bargain price of $55!!!!!! Oh happy day!!

*Funny signs - while my parents were here last month, Mum spotted this sign in the carpark at the train station. She was just getting out of a taxi at the time, and as she'd never seen the sign before she thought that she had to kiss the taxi driver to get the ride for free!!!!!! Yep, that's my Mum..crazy!! If you've never seen one before either, it's just a quirky way of saying 'drop off zone', you can stop there long enough to kiss each other goodbye then the driver has to go.


*Heirlooms - Mum recently sent over a children's chair which belonged to her grandma and is 127yrs old. Bit of an unusual heirloom I know, but I think it's pretty cool. Morgan tested it out and seemed to approve although he needs a bit of practice getting on & off it.


*The Footy Show - since moving to Oz 4yrs ago, I've slowly caught on with watching rugby league, hard not to with hubby being a big fan. The Footy Show is on every Thursday night. Besides all the boring stuff, the guys on the panel get up to all sorts of crazy antics which have me laughing my head off.

*Party Rock Anthem - this song by LMFAO just makes me want to boogie and the clip is pretty cool too.


Linking up with PaisleyJade..




2 comments:

  1. $55 is so good, we get flyers like that in mailbox often but I've never used one.
    Your mum is so funny, I've never seen one of those signs before!
    Love the seat, very special:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great deal for your new hair doo! I have to admit, I would have thought the same as your mum with that sign. I've never ever seen one like that before!!

    ReplyDelete