Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dog Show

Our house has been full of coughing, runny noses, sore throats and headaches lately, hence the lack of blog updating. And it's only just the beginning of winter! The weather doesn't help, I think it's been raining for almost a week now but sunshine is forcast for tomorrow so fingers crossed.

During a break in the weather on Saturday, Morgan & I ventured out to a local Dog Show. It's held outdoors so we rugged up and braced ourselves for the chilly air. Morgan wasn't too sure what to make of all the dogs at first. We wandered around and saw the Border Collies sitting obediently at their stand, the Boxers on display in the main show ring, ate lunch while watching the Gun Dogs prancing around waiting to be named 'Best of Breed' and watched the naughty German Shepherds bark at each other while waiting to go on display. A giant Irish Wolfhound poked his head around the pram to have a sniff and Morgan wasn't bothered at all. Those dogs are like small horses! I can't imagine how much they must eat! Morgan had his foot licked by a Schnauzer and leaned over to give it a pat. Definitely the breed at the top of my list for our next dog!

It started to rain as we walked around, but adding the rain cover to the buggy seemed to make it all the more exciting for Morgan. He squealed happily and played with the cover while I got wet as I'd left the umbrella at home! On the way back to the car I bought a couple of gourmet treats for our crazy dog at home - doggy versions of a slice of pizza covered in beef, sausage, cheese & carrot and a cheeseburger. Pepper was most grateful!

1 comment:

  1. Hey - everything okay with you? Your email's bouncing, and I've tried so many ways to get this favicon to you!

    Email me your new address, if you have one, and I'll email through the details for install - otherwise watch SK for a post on how to do it. :)

    ReplyDelete